Thursday, August 5, 2010

Farmers' Market Tomorrow, Saturday 7 August

I borrowed the flyer below from the folks at Organic Himalaya; I'm on their mailing list and they always give a heads up when there's a sale coming (in addition to updates on the varied political situation that sometimes holds up their shipments). Anyway, I love their peach jam and I'm going tomorrow to replenish my stock, so I hope to see some of you folks there.

As I've said before, it's not rife with fresh local produce, but it's a mash-up of homemade cakes, cheeses, imported specialty olive oils, wine (you might even catch my "big brother" there giving a wine talk), stir fry, sun-dried tomatoes, quality fruit and vegetables, and more.

Loewen Gardens is right by Dempsey, so wander the market and then walk ten minutes to have a lovely brunch (if you haven't already gorged yourself on samples).

No comments:

Post a Comment